Tips for Getting Your Home Ready to Sell
If you’re considering selling your home in the not-so-distant future, here are a few tips I recommend to get your property ready now, and sell later:
- Embrace Deep Cleaning: Give all the nooks, crannies, baseboards, and ceiling fans the attention they deserve. Details like these may seem tedious, but a pristine home is guaranteed to grab your buyer’s attention.
- Unleash the Power of Paint: Whether you redo an entire room, touch up some scuffs, or add some pizzazz to your outdoor planters, a paintbrush can revitalize your living space like a magic wand. Best of all, it’s fun for the whole family.
- Tile Around: From backsplashes to bathroom accents, tiling is a simple and affordable way to add value to your home. Just find a pattern you like and start putting the pieces together.
- Fix Your Fixtures: If you’ve been contemplating a new kitchen faucet or fresh set of shutters, give in to your impulses and install them yourself. In less than a weekend, you can add another upgrade for buyers to rave about.
- DIY Furniture: You don’t have to be a master carpenter to build some of your own furniture. The internet is loaded with tutorials for everything from headboards to closet shelves. All you need are a few easy-to-find materials.
Good luck with your home improvements, and feel free to send me your before and after photos! If you need additional tips for getting your home ready to sell or would prefer to have your home staged, contact me and my team!
List inspired by tips from KW Research and the National Association of REALTORS®.
Opens in a new window
Opens an external site
Opens an external site in a new window